Crowns are dental restorations which completely cap or encircle a tooth to improve the strength or appearance of the tooth. A Bridge is a dental restoration used to replace a missing tooth or teeth by permanently joining (by means of crowns) to the teeth adjacent to the toothless area.
Crown and Bridges is recommended to patients for various reasons, like:
– Protect a root canal treated tooth
– Hold a dental bridge in place
– Cover severely discoloured teeth
– Cover a dental implant
– Make a cosmetic modification etc
– Maintain oral hygiene by regular brushing twice a day and flossing.
– Visit your dentist every 3 – 6 months.
– Eat healthy foods like green vegetables, fruits and dairy products like milk, cheese.
– Drink plenty of water before and after meals so the unwanted food particles are flushed out.
– Limit the consumption of acidic foods and beverages like tea, coffee, fizzy drinks.
– Limit the consumption of sticky foods like pizza, candies, chocolates etc.
– Avoid biting finger nails, pen’s cap, pencils etc and avoid using your teeth to open bottles or to tear packets.
Soulful Dental Care is a multispeciality dental clinic located in the heart of Kothrud Pune.